Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gratitude for Mothers

Today I came home at the end of the day from golfing exhausted and wanted more than anything to sleep. I found out that my niece Cassandra who is staying with us still had a ton of homework that was due weeks ago. I sat down and started helping her. As I did, I was reminded of all of the times throughout my schooling where I would have a huge project due (that I had of course put off until the last moment) and my mom, instead of telling me how I shouldn't have put it off, she would stay up with me and help in any way she could. There were times when she couldn't help me but she would stay up with me just so I wouldn't be alone. At the time I'm sure I never thanked her for that, or entirely realized the sacrifice she made for me in doing what seemed to be such a simple thing. However it is the little moments like this that are my favorite memories and that mean the most. I will never forget those nights staying up late and feeling her support. Although I just had a brief glimpse of this tonight, I am so grateful for mothers and the angels that they are. I'm sure, in time, I will get my fair share of late nights doing homework with my children, but I'm sure that wouldn't be the case if my mother hadn't been such a great example! I hope all the mothers out there had a GREAT Mothers Day. We owe them so much.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

I totally agree! Good work though, I probably would've told Cassandra "good luck" and headed straight to bed! :)

Edy said...

You're just trying to butter me up so you could get away with posting my goofy photo for all the world to see under the birthday party. But you always made it fun to stay up with cause I love your humor and your smile and your brains.