Sunday, January 18, 2009

Washington D.C...Part 3

Sorry for yet another post, but I had to break them up...mainly for my sake. Where were able to actually go to Quantico, VA and onto FBI headquarters! It was such an awesome experience! Some of my favorite things I saw there were the monuments they had up all over. I am so grateful for the amazing men and women who protect this land!! To all of you...THANK YOU...words cannot express!!


Right in the center of the FBI Academy was this memorial. On the side of the tower it says, "Dedicated to the courage, spirit, and sacrifice of those who perished in the struggle to save others and those who persevered to protect freedom Sept. 11, 2001".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later we finally made it to Union Station. They actually had their Christmas tree lit. YAY!!
**Note: I didn't have the camera...but blurry or not, it's the only documentation we have. :-)
On our way to the airport we stopped to visit my buddy Albee. I love this guy, and I couldn't leave without getting to stand in his lap!
Tiger had to jump up there and get a picture too! :-) Love that crazy lady!
It was a SUPER fun trip...sorry it took so long to post it!

1 comments:

Marcy said...

That's the weirdest statue I've ever seen.