Sunday, August 10, 2008

Daddio's Olympic Birthday Party

8-8-08! It just so happens that 8 is my favorite number, and to top it off we had a WAY fun night!!! Daddio's birthday was Friday and my mom threw him a big birthday party with the Olympic theme. After class I headed up to my mom and dad's house to help setup.




As I was working on the banner a huge gust of wind blew in! Tiger sacraficed herself for the greater good! I was too busy laughing and looking for the camera to help!



Her sacrafice was worth it, we didn't lose the banner! I had to overcome my fear of heights (temporarily) to get the sign up!! Go me!



However I had enough for height for one day so I put Ryan and Chad incharge of getting my balloons up there!






We finally got everything setup right as people stared showing up!







Awesome socks! I saw them and had to ask her for a picture! GO USA!!!!!







Yeah for food! Uncle Lynn made his famous homemade RootBeer, YUM!!! We had lots of food and lots of fun!







All of the family stayed overnight...here's Connor with his train suitcase!





We got to spend lots of time with Connor, he is SOO much fun with love this boy...he loves his Uncle Chad!







After cake and ice cream we a bunch of us went inside and watched the Olympic Ceremony. Of course that couldn't go smoothly without Lance here! :-) Not that it does when he's here, he's just able to fix whatever is screwed up!



In the morning Dad made us all breakfast! It was so much fun! Unfortunately, Lance, Lacie, Hope, Jerry, Shelly, Shayla, Dallan, Addelyn, Kassidy, and the twins (yet to be named) weren't able to be with us. We missed you guys! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDIO!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great post Angela! The pictures are great - and so funny! Thanks for all your hard work! Especially herding Connor!

Marcy said...

GREAT work with the decorations! I can't believe you risked life and limb for the banner and hangy paper mache, whatever it's called. It looked awesome!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my kids can't even pretend to be asleep. Nice try guys with your smiles. I still haven't gotten it through to them that eyes closed does not equal sleeping. (Unless it's me with my eyes closed). Oh wait - I'm just resting my eyes. Thanks mom, that comes in handy!