Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sick and Tired

I know it's been a while since I last posted and I have gotten daily calls or emails from my sister asking if I have heard anything about my major. Nope, nothing yet. I just woke up three hours ago and for the life of me I can't go back to sleep. I was really hoping to go back to school and work tomorrow. I went to bed early feeling better thinking if I got sleep I would be able to go back. Of course I wake up in tons of pain and feel like I have gotten absoltely no where in this whole mess. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!
I'm so sick of doctors! I called this morning to tell them what is going on, and they say I need to come in right away. I come in, the nurse tells me one thing, the doctor comes in and literally spends 2 min. tops with me and diagnoses me with something completely different, hands me a prescription and walks out! He didn't tell me anything about what to do, what it is, what to expect, NOTHING. Um...OK?! This guy was my doctor and when I started having all kinds of health problems. I was sick of going in having him hand me a prescription and nothing ever changing, so I started seeing his PA...WHOM I LOVE...but he is out of town (of course). His diagnoses is probably right, I don't know, frankly at this point I don't care because I'm not going back. I just wish that he acted like he cared or even talked to me like he had a basis for his diagnosis rather than saying here it is, call Friday, walking out, and sending me home to cry.
If it weren't for my wonderful sister and my friends I'm not sure I would have made it through this horrible day!! A friend from high school used to say, "Boo you whore" (from Mean Girls) and after the doctor talked to me that is all I wanted to say. "Boo you whore". On that note, I'm going to go find yet another movie to watch, hopefully one that will justify crying...

5 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Angie, I'm so sorry you are so sick! I think the only thing worse than being sick yourself, is having your little kids/ babies be sick. They don't understand why they are hurting and you can't explain to them why they must take nasty medicine. But that's the only thing I can think of that is worse than being sick yourself. Is there anything you need that someone can get/give you? I hope the Dr was right, and that this time the medicine will do the job. If not, find out when his PA gets back in town. Hang in there sweetie!

Marcy said...

I think you should give up on Woodmansee and see Holmes. He seriously spent an hour with me when I went in (of course I've only been in once). Instead of thinking "Boo, you whore", I left thinking "No wonder I had to wait so long in the waiting room" and "Boy, all the other patients are going to be pissed!"
As for cry baby movies, I don't have one to recommend. But if you can find recent episodes of ER On Demand, you should check out the first episode of this season (like 3 weeks ago). Even if you don't watch ER, yeah, that one sucked! "Mom, why are you crying." Shut up kid, I'm watching tv! Just kidding. It was more like, "My contacts are hurting my eyes." Yeah, that's it.

Amy said...

Angela, I am so sorry you are going through this. You are in our prayers always..we love you so much. Stay strong, and go and see the PA that you are comfortable with. I have to agree with Marce on the first episode of ER....I was literally bawling, albeit silently, trying to stay cool in front of Lonny. I ended up wiping my eyes with my hair scrunchy because I didn't want him to see me getting up for Kleenex. Oh my goodness, I was a mess! It's a good cover, but would probably make you cry anyway. Have a good cry and then call and make that appointment!! Love you!!!

Ben and Darci said...

That sucks when you go to get some help (and sympathy!) and the person you were counting on to help you brushes you off. That happened to my stepmom recently, and she waited six weeks in PAIN for an appointment with this guy. I hope you get feeling better. That's the worst when you are sick. I hope Chad is giving you everything you want :)

kenna said...

I can relate.

If you are thinking about looking into new docs, although I did read that you love the PA, my doc has been amazing to work with over the past 2 years. From infertility to brain surgery, he has been patient, kind, helpful, and he ALWAYS takes time to answer questions and show and explain what's going on with my health to me in terms I can understand. He and his assistant Jen have made a world of difference in how I cope with my health.

Doc Thomas Carn, Wasatch Medical, Orem.

If you ever need someone to talk to who has been there, I am here. I know we don't know eachother amazingly well, but I can understand to an extent what it is you are going through.

Phone : 801.494.9166
Email : kennagoesemo(at)gmail(dot)com

I mean it. I'm always around. :)